What Is Youth United?
Youth United (YU) invites youth ages 5-25 to fund and build a home with a local family. The youth are the leaders, planners, fundraisers, public relations specialists and builders in our goal to build one house per school year. Older youth (16-25) build the house. Youth of all ages can share their imagination and energy with us in the effort to end poverty housing as they raise money & awareness.
Plans are underway to begin the Youth United 2013 house!
• $50,000 is needed (we already raised the rest)
• Partner Family is waiting to be given their address
• Location is in Waukegan
• Groundbreaking date coming soon
• Crews can schedule workdays
Crew slots still available.
Pledge now and lock in your dates!
Start a Youth United Club
• Talk to your friends - see who's in
• Find an adult advisor
• Review Letter of Intent (contract) with advisor and other leaders
• Contact HFHLC at 847-623-1020 to let us know your plans - we'll come meet with your group
• Make fundraising plans
• Submit signed Letter of Intent to HFHLC
• Get started and make a difference in another family's life
1642 11th Court in Carter Crossing
Reasons Why You Should Get Involved in Youth United:
• Learn about poverty and affordable housing advocate for families in need
• Make the dream of owning a home come true for a family
• Build a house from start to finish
• Grow leadership, social and construction skills
• Work with a diverse group and make new friends
• Make a long-lasting difference in your community
Take the first steps:
Check out Youth Programs at Habitat International Youth United or Contact Julie Donovan at (847) 623-1020 ext.120 or E-mail [ email ].
Contact: Julie Donovan at (847) 623-1020 X120 or [ email ].
Youth United 2013
•Kellogg School of Management
•Lake Zurich High School
•Oakton Community College
•Trinity International University
•Evanston Township High School